1. The Parish Council generally meets on the second Monday of each month (with the exception of August) Notices of these meetings, along with details of the venue, are posted on our meetings page and are also on the noticeboards at the Festival Hall, Library and outside Waitrose on the noticeboard in the parade car park. You can also receive notifications electronically via our RSS Feeds.
2. All meetings of the Parish Council and its committees are open to the public unless their presence is prejudicial to the public interest by reason of the confidential nature of the business to be transacted or for other special reasons. The public's exclusion from part or all of a meeting shall be by a resolution which shall give reasons for the public's exclusion.
3. Members of the public are permitted to make representations, answer questions and give evidence in respect of any item of business included in the agenda. The period of time which is designated for public participation shall normally not exceed 20 minutes but may be extended at the discretion of the chairman. Each member of the public is entitled to speak once only in respect of business itemised on the agenda and shall not speak for more than 5 minutes. A question raised by a member of the public during a public participation session at a meeting shall not require a response or debate. The chairman may direct that a response to a question posed by a member of the public be referred to a councillor for an oral response or to an employee for a written or oral response.
4. Members of the public can speak at meetings of the Parish Council planning committee. The period of time which is designated for public participation shall normally not exceed 20 minutes but may be extended at the discretion of the chairman. Each member of the public is entitled to speak once only in respect of business itemised on the agenda and shall not speak for more than 5 minutes.
5. If you would like to respond to Cheshire East Council regarding a planning application you will find guidance notes along with a response form here. To comment on a planning application click here.
6. Cheshire East Council are responsible for the maintainance of the roads pavements and street lighting in Alderley Edge. You can report a fault via their online fault report form here.